2005/03/18

More Obit

So in amongst all the other things going on this week, Andre Norton died. I was amused at one news source mentioning that she “published over 30 books”. Uh, yeah. Like in the neighborhood of 170 novels, not counting short stories, collections, poetry or anything else.

In fact, her publisher graciously makes available some of her work online for free here. I have not read anything by her that I have not enjoyed. I haven’t read all of it, but I’ve read a considerable amount. A lot of people are prominently mentioning the Witch World series, but I’ve always been partial to the sci-fi stuff like Star Guard and The Zero Stone. In any event, it’s all good stuff. Read, enjoy, and recommend to your friends. I figure that's the best tribute you can give an author.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home