2005/09/09

Arrogance AND Incompetence

Nice. The police superintendent of New Orleans has decided that private individuals no longer need weapons. Of course, the numerous private security forces around the city are exempted. So if you’ve got enough money to hire somebody to stand around with a gun, you can manage to have your property protected. If, on the other hand, you have to do it yourself, you’re screwed. You can rely on the Guard and (what’s left of) the New Orleans Police Department. Yes, the same police department whose members decided to do a little looting during the disaster. I’d feel confident that they would protect my property in my absence.

Given that he and his department manifestly failed in their duty to provide public order, he’s now prohibiting private citizens the means to defend themselves and their property. I’m so glad I live in Texas. That shit just wouldn’t fly here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home