2005/09/23

Hurricane Tools

As part of the preparation for the festivities, I gathered up some tools that might be nice to have before I rendered the garage inaccessible. To paraphrase some old guy, one prepares for a hurricane with the tools you have, not the tools you wish you had. I dunno how useful this list may be, but I’ll throw it out there for consideration.

Remington 870 Express (12 Gauge)
Winchester Model 12 (20 Gauge)
Ruger 10/22 (.22 LR)
Aviation Tin Snips, Straight Cut
4 lb. Sledgehammer
2 Pry Bars
Assorted Screwdrivers
Utility Knife
Pull Saw
Jab Saw
Machete
Wirecutters
Fencing Pliers
Cordless Drill (2 Batteries)
Assorted Drill Bits & Screwdriver Bits

I also have the plumbing bucket in the house, but that mainly holds specialized tools that don’t strike me as being particularly useful. Except for maybe the pipe wrenches. They might come in handy depending on what happens. I think I would like to have had an axe. I’ll add it to the list of things to consider once the storm passes.

The wind is howling loudly right now. I think the wind I’m hearing is more a function of the architecture of YPS Manor more than anything else. We have a breezeway between the house and the guest house that acts as a wind tunnel. Judging by the tree tops I can see in the neighbor’s yard, it’s not that bad yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home