2013/01/09

Deadbeats

So, somebody named Milka Gonzalez doesn't pay her bills. Ordinarily, I couldn't care less, because I'm not the one out the money. However, when people start calling my cell phone looking for her, then I get annoyed.

You see, I got my first cell phone in 1998. I've had the same phone number ever since. So it's not like Milka has had this number recently, if ever. This doesn't prevent collection agencies from calling it.

 So today, I called a collection agency back to tell them to quit calling me. I was informed that the number was 'attached' to the account, not one she had given. In other words, some nimrod at a collection agency or credit bureau associated my number with Milka at some point, and now I get to deal with jackasses calling me for some deadbeat.

I'm not a real big fan of either Milka or dumbasses that call essentially random numbers to find her right now.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Agammamon said...

Sucks dude - I get the same thing from "First National Bank of Omaha".

Took forever to find a number to call them at since they don't seem to really be a bank - more a credit card consolidation service - and really don't like the idea of customer support.

I still get them calling during the spring and fall each year looking for the same dipshit.

9:10 AM  
Blogger TheWayfarer said...

Go to your service provider, explain the situation & have the collection agency numbers blocked.
If that fails, Bing/Google "National Do-Not-Call list" and add your number (may take up to 30 days to go into effect).

7:22 AM  
Blogger J said...

The "National Do Not Call list" doesn't apply to cell phones. Go to http://www.fcc.gov/complaints and report the bastards.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home